Many, many factors contribute to a website’s search rankings and a good user experience – from the keywords a searcher inputs into Google to how the website was built to where videos are hosted. Here are some of the most important questions to answer about your site. A great website, great online reputation, and consistent content publication add up to high rankings and new patients.
This is part of a checklist we use to determine the health of a website. If you have questions about how your site’s doing, give me a call at 940-395-5115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is all of the text on the website original?
- Does each page feature an obvious keyword?
- Is that keyword in the title and one heading?
- Are internal links placed on keyword text?
- Do external links open in a new window?
- Are links made only once, to one destination?
- Does each page have 550+ words?
- Are there more than 15 total pages on the site?
- Does every service have its own page?
- Does the site have an active blog? (Active means original posts are made twice a month or more.)
- Is the content of good quality? (No keyword stuffing, makes sense, complete sentences, etc.)
- Do all images have an ALT-image tag?
- Are original images tagged and named?
- Are videos hosted on the site or a third party, such as Vimeo or YouTube?
- Do the videos have a script on the backend, on the hosting site?
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Is the website built on WordPress? Another CMS? No CMS?
- Is there any Flash on the site?
- Are all pages accessible from the homepage navigation?
- Is the navigation clear and easy to understand?
- Are the name, address, and phone number on the top of the site?
- Is an email address or call to action evident on the homepage?
- Is the site load speed good?
- Does the site have broken links?
- Does the design look modern or outdated?
- What’s the copyright on the website?
- How long does it take the site to load?
- Are linked social media profiles complete and current?
- Can blogs be shared to social media with one click?
- Has a week passed since the last Facebook post?
- Does the doctor have poor reviews on Yelp, HealthGrades, or Facebook?
- Is a review site API fed onto the website’s testimonial page?
- Does the doctor have a “leave a review” link on the site?
- Are good testimonials featured on the homepage?
NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER ANALYSIS
- Is the name, address, and phone number on the website banner and contact page consistent with what’s on Facebook, HealthGrades, and listing sites on the Internet?
Need More Help?
If you’d like a complete website analysis or want to discuss blogging, content management, or updating your site for improved SEO, call me, Shauna Duty, today at 940-395-5115. You can also reach me via email at email@example.com. I look forward to talking with you!